Thursday, December 23, 2010

Days Eleven and Twelve

It's been a busy two days, at least for everyone else in the family! We celebrated Christmas with Ryan's brother and his family as well as Sue and Ryan's grandparents last night. Boy did the kiddos enjoy opening new toys. Everything that Jack opened he either said, "on" or "open" immediately. I would say his favorite new toy was a drum that Grandma Sue got him. He knew exactly what to do with those drum sticks! I obeyed doctor's orders and stayed in bed for the most part. I did move to a chair in our loft for much of the evening, and tried my best to stay seated. It's interesting how much more I was tempted to do just because I wasn't sitting in bed. Luckily my family kept me on track and reminded me to sit down as often as I tried to get up.

On Tuesday, I did gather the courage to call the doctor and ask about Christmas Eve services. My doctor wasn't in, but the other doctor in the practice said, "God will throw you a bone, so Merry Christmas." I guess that means I can go?! I did promise to go directly there and back home but I am excited to be able to attend the first Christmas Eve services at Harvest Community Church. Ryan has put a lot of time and energy into the lighting for the service and I'm glad I can go and support him in his efforts.

I go back to my doctor a week from today. I've really managed to convince myself that she's going to release me from bed rest even though I have no reason to think that at all. It's a matter of hoping and praying for that outcome so much that I can't even imagine the alternative. I was reading on some message boards of other women who have been diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma and several women said that once the hematoma disappeared things were pretty much normal for the rest of the pregnancy. I just hope when I go back next Thursday that it's disappeared. Some women mentioned that theirs did not dissipate until around 20 weeks. I sincerely hope my doctor will do another ultrasound before 20 weeks to see if it is gone. I am not sure if I can hang on for another 6 weeks if that is truly the case.

On a side note, I made a scarf for Ryan's cousin Becca's Christmas present. She's 8 years old and is doing ice skating lessons. I hope she likes it!

1 comment: