Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day Eight

First, I have to start off by thanking my sister, Tina, for coming over bright and early this morning to help with Jack while Ryan went to a meeting at church. I was silly and forgot to arrange something ahead of time. Then last night at 10:45 pm, I thought who would still be up to answer their phone...TINA! So, thanks Tina for being willing to crawl out of bed at 6:33 am to come over and help with Jack. You are awesome!

Today was all about learning new things! Ryan's grandparents and his cousin Holly came by today for lunch. Holly teaches Culinary Arts at two schools in Phoenix, and she worked at JoAnn's for quite some time. Needless to say Holly is crafty. When she came for lunch she gave me a whole plastic tub full of crafts I can do while I'm sitting. There were some knitting looms and yarn as well as some cross stitch patterns. I've never knitted before but had always wanted to learn. It seemed like it would take a lot of coordination and time. Even if we'd just met, it wouldn't be difficult to deduce that I had ZERO time to learn anything new. When Holly dropped off this tub of new crafts, I was anxious to dive right in. This afternoon Ryan took Jack and Bruce for an extended walk and park play. While they were gone I was able to knit a small baby hat for my friend Melissa's baby boy due in February. I couldn't believe how quickly I was able to figure it out...and I only had to undo the beginning once! I want to make another one for our baby but I can't decide what yarn to use. At my ultrasound on Monday, the doctor said she was 80% certain she knew the sex of the baby, but I was told not to go out and buy anything yet. Do I knit a hat for our baby in a neutral color, or do I assume the doctor is right and make a hat specifically for our little......

**For those of you that know that doctor's prediction, please do not post it here. We'll wait to officially announce when we are more than 80% sure :D **

Can't wait to see baby Larsen wearing this!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are knitting :) I just learned in the last few months (it's a popular thing in Alaska... ), but I have only successfully completed a few scarfs! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete