Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day Five

Today's post is coming a lot later in the day. My colleagues at work are graciously bringing my final exams to me, but unfortunately they've decided not to grade them :-) I had six classes this semester, so that means I have six sets of tests to grade in the next 48 hours.

Ryan got approval from his boss to work from home until January. That has been such a relief for both of us. There was a lot of logistics we weren't sure about when this all started, but him working from home has made the transition quite simple. My mother-in-law, Sue, has been watching Jack while Ryan and I were at work all semester. She's going to continue to watch him during the day for us. That way Ryan can actually "work" while at home. Tonight Ryan is going to take Jack to sit on Santa's lap. Ryan checked and they have free WiFi in the mall  so I hope he can FaceTime the whole thing for me. If Jack really freaks out about it, at least I won't be the parent receiving all the awkward glances from shoppers!

I've started watching some Christmas movies which really help me feel the joy of the season. I'm starting to feel the crunch about shipping gifts back to family in PA. I had intended to get things wrapped and mailed last week. Hopefully I can get some wrapping done this afternoon so Ryan and stop by the UPS store to get them mailed. I always seem to have the best intentions to get things done ahead of time but it turns out I'm still doing things at the last minute!

One other cute story to share, last night we started teaching Jack his full name. I'm attaching a video of him trying to say "Killebrew". It is so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment